Just another WordPress.com site
>Spicy Italian Beef sausage and Zuppa Toscana
>This is for RootandTwig, Cause for some reason I can never remember her email address and it’s not in my address book… Some day I’ll make these and take pictures of them.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 T salt
1/2 t sage
1/3 t summer savoury
1/8 t nutmeg
2/3 t marjoram
2 t fennel
2 t hot chili flakes
mix thoroughly and refrigerate all day or overnight.
* 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage – crumbled
* 1/2 lb. smoked bacon – chopped
* 1 qt. water
* (2) 14.5 oz. cans (about 3 2/3 cups) chicken broth
* 2 lg. russet potatoes – scrubbed clean, cubed
* 2 garlic cloves – peeled, crushed
* 1 med. onion – peeled, chopped
* 2 cups chopped kale OR Swiss chard
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* salt and pepper – to taste
1. Brown sausage in a pan over medium to medium-high heat, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks.
2. Drain sausage and set to the side.
3. Brown bacan in a pan over medium-high heat. Be careful not to cook crispy.
4. Drain bacon and set to the side.
5. Place broth, water, garlic, potatoes, and onion in a pot.
6. Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
7. Add sausage and bacon to the soup.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Add kale and cream to pot.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Heat thoroughly.